I guess this is sort of a case study and personal experience that I had with using EFT Tapping for healing physical wounds.
A few years ago my husband cut off the tip of his right index finger. It happened while he was cutting meat with the electrical slicer.
Well, it wasn’t really cut off as such; there was still a little piece of sinew and skin that get kept the tip attached to the rest of his finger. (You get the picture…)
We waited for over two hours in the emergency room waiting for someone to assist us. The doctor on duty wasn’t able to do much, and sent us home with some antibiotics, an impressive bandage, and an instruction to contact a plastic surgeon in the morning who could better deal with said appendage.
Meeting the plastic surgeon the next morning, we were told that the cut was rather bad and that we had to keep a close watch on the wound, as there was a chance that my husband could lose the tip of his finger. Fortunately, the plastic surgeon was wrong!
To cut a long story short (no pun intended), my husband’s finger fully recovered. There is no scar. The nail looks normal like the rest of his fingers. You cannot tell the trauma his finger suffered. And here is the catch – he never got any plastic surgery!
Okay, now here is the thing. While we were waiting in the ER, I tapped on him the whole time, sometimes speaking, sometimes just being quiet. I did another session when we climbed into bed that night. I tapped every day for the whole week until he had to see the plastic surgeon again for his check-up.
As an EFT coach, I know that EFT Tapping can be used for healing physical wounds, and here I had proof that it worked. Both my husband and I both that EFT Tapping is what helped heal his finger.
If you don’t know EFT Tapping, here is a short explanation for you. Be sure to also check out my free Guide to EFT Tapping for more detailed information. If you are interested in working with me as your EFT coach, you can find out more here .
Important: I am not a doctor and this does not constitute medical advice. See your health provider for any serious physical or mental ailments.
What EFT Tapping can be used for
- helping you overcome feelings of not being good enough
- gaining clarity when you are feeling confused
- helping you make a decision when you are stuck between 2 choices
- calming you down when you are feeling stressed out
- relief for headaches and migraine
- calming you down before you give a presentation
- overcoming a bothersome memory from your past
- relieving backache
- helping you deal with an emotional issue
- emotional support when you are pregnant
Tapping is simple to learn, and once you’ve learned it, you can do it yourself.
I really like that about EFT. Anyone can do it for themselves. You are not required to always see a practitioner, to help you deal with your issue. Of course, it depends on the issue that you want to deal with.
Many things, such as gaining confidence, decision making and stress management you can handle yourself, but it could be that there are sensitive emotional issues that require the help of a professional practitioner.
Basic EFT Tapping Recipe
The basic tapping method follows the same form every time:
1. Identify the issue you want to work on,
2. Determine the intensity of the issue.
3. Say a set-up statement that includes the words “even though I have this ___________” while tapping on the side of your hand.
4. Repeat the issue while tapping various points on your face and body.
- TH means on top of your head, at the crown
- EB means where your eyebrow starts on the inside of your face
- SE is on the outside of your eye, on the bone before the temple
- UE is underneath your eye, in line with the pupil if you are looking straight ahead
- UN means underneath your nose, above your top lip
- Ch is on your chin, underneath your bottom lip
- CB stands for collarbone. This is a tricky one, it’s 1 inch down and to the left or right of the U-shape on your neck.
- UA is on your side, about 4 inches below your armpit.
5. Check the intensity to see if it has reduced.