Have you ever wondered why you set out to do something, but you end up sabotaging yourself? Does it feel as if you take two steps back for every one step you take forward? You can still feel unfulfilled, even if you have you achieved some of the goals you’ve set for yourself.
In todays video I talk about core values and the power of living in alignment with them.
Your core values are those things which are most important to you. It might be stating the obvious to say that every person has their own set of values. In practice though, we often adopt the values of others as our own. We believe it is expected of us. We do it so others approve of us.
Your values are already present in your unconscious. Your values determine your life path. It determines how you show up in the world. It determines you actions and also your reactions. Align with your core values to stop sabotaging yourself.
Steps to align with your values
- Make a list of your core values
- Ask yourself “What does this give me?”, to reduce them down to the top 8
- Sort the 8 values from 1-8 in order of importance
- Look at your list every day to entrench it
- When you need to make a decision and take action, ask yourself “does this align with my values”
See you next week!